E-mail me at: adamrestores [AT!!] gmail.com
just change the AT to an @

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Update on best way to use the Trombone mouth-piece........

I have found the best way to apply the trombone mouthpiece.
If you take about 5 or 6 inches of thin paper medical tape and wrap it around the base (but above and tighter than the lip on the end so that its not back too far ) loosely a few times STICKY SIDE OUT, then stick the loose end in with the rest of the loop.

So you will now have a thick loop of tape around the ball of the mouthpiece thats smaller than the lip but otherwise covering the ball. And the tape is sticky side out.

Place everything over your glans and simply roll the skin over it and press hard with your hand on all 360 degrees so that the skin sticks to the tape evenly. The skin will unroll a little bit so that maybe 3 or 4 millimeters of the tape is showing on the outside but you will not be able to pull the trombone mouthpiece out. it will be solidly inside, the only way to get it out is in a warm shower or bath or by carefully peeling the tape out on the small edge that is exposed.

This works very well and I am so proud of how this project has turned out ( no pain, excellent putting it on, good looks, you can still pee, its easy and consistent and no wasted tape), but there are still a few other things I am trying on different devices to share later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is exactly how i started out with, i play the trombone and i use a mouthpiece i don't use any more. the only concern i have with it it seems to stretch the skin out and i don't want to have a big opening so i quit using it for now. that's cool you came up with the same thing i did.

keep writing cause ur updates keep me and my friend going.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Nexcare absolute waterproof tape. I use a razor to cut down the width of the tape by about 1/4 inch while it's still on the roll. I use the small strip to retain at night when I'm not using the mouthpiece.
Take a length of the wide tape and wrap it in one pass around the shaft to the glans. You may have to experiment a bit to find the right location. Mine overlaps the scar by about 3/16 inch. Place the mouthpiece to the glans and roll the shaft skin over it. Once it is in place you may have to poke a finger under the tape to sort the skin out but the tape will flex to accommodate that. Holds very well. My job has me running a lot and I don't wear underwear. Holds all day!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home